Fleet Emergency Assistance
Ambulance Services 24 Ltd
Breakdown / Accident Recovery
0800 107 5867
Ambulance Services 24 Ltd overarching objective is to decrease any risk of injury to crew or patients in the event of a company vehicle breakdown or failure:
Pull over off the road where possible to ensure the vehicle is a safe location and out of the
way of others
● Switch on hazard warning lights and other emergency visual warning lights if available. If available, display a warning triangle at least 10 meters to the rear of the vehicle.
● Ensure that the wheels are turned towards the kerb and apply the handbrake is fully on
● Evacuate the vehicle using exits furthest away from traffic or other potential hazards and ensure that all passengers move to and stay in a safe location away from traffic.
● If the vehicle is in an unsafe position or there are concerns regarding any fluid leaks, dial 999, contact the Police and Fire & Rescue.
● Inform Duty Manager – Who will attend scene with a spare vehicle.
● Should it be felt that it is unsafe to leave the patient on board, remove the patient to a safe location and protect against the elements as reasonably possible whilst maintaining any clinical interventions needed till back up arrives.
● If patients and carers are being conveyed contact the duty officer another vehicle to collect them as appropriate.
● HIGH VIS REFLECTIVE JACKETS MUST BE WORN AT ALL TIMES
● In the event of a vehicle fire DO NOT attempt to tackle the blaze unless FULLY TRAINED
● NO ONE SHOULD PUT THEIR SAFETY AT RISK BY RETRIEVING PERSONAL POSSESSIONS
Ambulance Services 24 Ltd would like to remind everyone that the safety of the staff and patients is the top priority and paramount.
“Run My Fleet” manages all vehicle breakdowns and recovery.
To contact the recovery service call: 0344 5733112
Quote vehicle registration and location of the incident and any further information you think is appropriate.